With the recent move in alert levels on 17 August 2021, many support measures for businesses have become available
Wage subsidy scheme
- Eligible businesses will be able to receive $600 for full-time employees and $359 for part-time employees. Applications for the wage subsidy scheme open on Friday 20 August 2021 for an initial application period of 2 weeks.
The Criteria include a 40% decline in revenue between 17 August 2021 and 30 August 2021 compared to a typical 14-day period in the six weeks before 17 August 2021 or if your business is highly seasonal, you can make the comparison to the same 14-day period in 2020 or 2019.
The full requirements can be found here or in the declaration
Covid-19 Resurgence support payment
- Available for businesses that experience at least a 30% decline in revenue or decline in capital-raising ability over a 7-day period due to an alert level increase of level 2 or higher will be eligible for this payment. Applications for this open Tuesday 24 August 2021 and will remain open until one month after a nationwide return to alert level 1.
Leave Support Scheme
- Businesses with workers who are required to self-isolate and cannot work for home are eligible to receive $585.80 per week for a full-time employee and $350 per week for part time employees. The rates will increase from Tuesday 24 August 2021 to $600 per week for a full-time employee and $359 for a part time employee. Applications can be made at any time.
Short-term absence payment
- The short-term absence payment is available once per 30 days and is a payment of $350 for employees who must miss work due to a COVID-19 test and cannot work from home. The rate will increase to $359 from Tuesday 24 August 2021.
Small Business Cashflow Scheme
- Small to medium businesses and organisations struggling with a loss of actual revenue due to COVID-19 are able to seek support from this scheme. Applications remain open until 31 December 2023.
If you have any questions about what support there may be for your business, don’t hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to help.